Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Kindergarten!!!

Where Has the Summer Gone?

Today was my second day of school. It seems like just yesterday I was graduating pre-school and the summer just flew by! I just could not get enough lego building time in this week to feel as if I actually accomplished something this summer.

Here is a video of me getting on the school bus. Yesterday was orientation so mom took me to school and we got to see where everything is. I got a bus pass wristband, and met my teacher, Mrs. Ondreja. She is nice and has hair like Kealey's mom.




(Dad speaking... wow that is the scariest thing I have ever seen in my life. Ever.)

What is so scary about that Dad? Seems like mom held it together pretty well ...Anyway school was fun. All of us kindergarteners have bright yellow t-shirts to wear today!!! Mom did not understand that she had to pack me a snack...but that is OK; I enjoyed my milk and watching my friends eat tasty treats. We got a tour of the school, a story about misbehaving kindergarteners, a fire drill, and, as it turns out, my name is Thomas and I have to learn how to read, write, and respond to that name. Guess the joke is on me dad! No homework... I guess this is one of those "syllabus" days. (Why is kindergarten such a hard word to spell for a little guy? Maybe I will learn that this year!)

Here is me coming home at 12:07. I was the last stop so I got to ride the bus all by myself.


Thanks for all of you praying for a safe first day of school, and for boldness in this new place. I found my class, asked people for help when I needed it, and made it home!

Max

1 comment:

The T said...

your poor teacher has frizzy hair that is out of control? or she just piles it in a bun on top of her head and calls it done? either way, i feel truly sorry for your poor teacher.
hope you are enjoying kindergarten. the bus rocks, hey?
peace out - kealey